Boy am I in the MOOD for fall this year! I am feeling so nesty and fall twitter~pated that I can not control myself from starting early! Here are my 20 favorite things about fall…
1. Pumpkins! Nothing says fall like pumpkins and I am patiently waiting for my grocery store to get them in so I can start on my faux pumpkin patch in the front yard!
2. My favorite fall simmer: Orange slices, whole cloves and cinnamon sticks covered in water and simmered on low on the stove. The kids LOVE coming home to this.
3. Stews and soups bubbling on the stove or in the crockpot.
4. The winds coming up from the gorge and blowing through our backyard trees.
5. Dahlias! Dahlias! Dahlias! The local Dahlia farm is overflowing with Dahlias in every possible color and size you can imagine. I love taking the kids to cut Dahlias!
6. Its time turn fire up the fireplace.
7. Fall decorating…need I say more?
8. Pulling out the fall decorating bins and pulling out last years end of season fall clearance deals!
9. Kids are still on an an enthusiastic beginning of school year high!
10. The leaves begin to change colors.
11. Flannel sheets.
12. Wearing boots!
13. Candles burning.
14. Reading a book to the sound of rain outside.
15. Peets eggnog lattes! (Go try one ASAP!)
16. Sporting my bright red peacoat.
17. Enjoying a nice bottle of wine with friends.
18. The excitement in my kids as Halloween approaches.
19. Tis the season to be THANKFUL!
20. Having a beautiful life and home is more about your attitude and state of mind than your state of perfection.